Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Celebrate Constitution Day
Most schools (if not all) have to incorporate a lesson on the Constitution. Constitution Day is coming up so I thought I would put together a few ideas and share a little freebie on this special day in our nation's history. *Remembering* *hugs to all*
1. Encourage students to dress in red, white, and blue.
2. Ask 3 parents to bring in bananas, blueberries, and strawberries for snack.
3. Ask students what they think the Constitution is--you'll probably get some funny answers if you are a younger grade teacher :)
4. Read one of the books from this great list.
5. Then watch Schoolhouse Rock! This CLIP on youtube is a song that illustrates what the Preamble.
6. Complete this FREE pack from Grade School Giggles.
7. Have your students enter this poster contest. Must be postmarked by October 1, 2012.
Here is a FREEBIE for you. Even though we say this every day, it is helpful to have it in print.