Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Organizing Your Parent Volunteers for Parties Part 1
For some of you, parent volunteers are coming out of the woodwork, for others you might never see a parent all year long. This year YOU might be the one in charge of the class parties. If you are, here are 7 great websites you can use to coordinate the party's details. If you have a parent in charge, you might want to share with them these sites.
The sites are great (especially if you have parents that are 'plugged in') for coordinating all the details like food, drinks, paper goods, and games.
I really like these sites because...
1. anyone can assess them (I know not all parents have computers but just in case....)
2. less paperwork
3. easy to use
1. MySignUp.com I have used this site in particular and find it extremely easy. It is free and they don't hound you with other gimmicks.
2. Volunteer Spot.com This is the other site I have used. It is geared for parents and families. Super helpful. Even sections for tips on having parties. Again, it is extremely easy to use.
3. Jooners.com Although I've never used this site, it seems like it was created with the teacher and parent in mind. It seems very streamlined AND up-to-date. It even provides examples and looks easy to use.
4. Sign up genius.com Another great site. Easy to use.
5. Ivolunteer.com I haven't used this site but seems like another good one.
There is also Remind101 which is a program you could use to text your parents. I've heard it is great. Mrs. Stanford wrote a great post about it.
Have fun finding the one that will be a perfect fit for you!!
And here is a hint on what is coming up on Thursday (oh-I hope it comes together by then!!!)